Pro-Flex® CSST Flexible Gas Piping
Pro-Flex Corrugated Stainless Steel Tubing (CSST) makes installing gas piping for natural gas or propane gas appliances quick and easy. The Pro-Flex patented fitting system and flexible tubing enables installers to reduce installation time and to eliminate the equipment needed to install gas piping in new or existing construction. Pro-Flex CSST can supply gas throughout a home or commercial building. Route it through walls, floor or ceiling joists, or outside to a variety of appliances.
Click below for detailed view of the Bonding Clamp
BONDING OF GAS PIPING SYSTEM IS REQUIRED TO MEET SAFETY STANDARDS.
Qualified Installer Requirements
To install a Pro-Flex CSST system, installers must meet the following qualifications:
- The installer must meet all qualifications required by the state and/or local administrative authority administering the provisions of the code where the gas piping is installed.
- The installer must be trained in the use of the Pro-Flex CSST system accomplished by reading and understanding the information from the Pro-Flex Installation Guide (available by clicking here).
Installer must submit their personal information in the Pro-Flex CSST qualified installer database. A manufacturer’s qualification/training card is required to purchase and install Pro-Flex. The card can be found in the back cover of the installation guide, or downloaded by clicking here, and must be completed and submitted to Pro-Flex, LLC. Before submitting the qualification card, the installer must read and understand this installation guide, which serves as the training program. Should there be any questions related to these installation guidelines or the training process, please contact technical support at 877-798.6291.
Pro-Flex® Patents, Codes & Standards
- System Patents include #5,845,946; #5,857,716; and #6,102,445.
- Special Termination Plate with fitting attached, Patent #6,488, 316.
- Other Patents Pending
- ANSI LCIa-2009, CSA 6.26a-2009
- ANSI LCI-2005 and CSA 6.26-2005, “Fuel Gas Piping Systems Using Corrugated Stainless Steel Tubing (CSST).”
- Pro-Flex, LLC is an ANSI/ ISO/ ASQ 9001-2000 and ISO 14001 registered company.
- CSA – CSA International – Certificate #189768 – #1174673
- IAPMO – International Association of Plumbing & Mechanical Officials – File #3669
- ANSI/CSA LC-1-2005 Fuel Gas Piping Systems Using Corrugated Stainless Steel Tubing
- National Standard of Canada – Nationals Gas & Propane Installation Code, CAN/CGA-B149.1 &149.2
- NFPA- National Fuel Gas Code (NFPA 54)
- BOCA- National Mechanical code
- CABO- 1&2 Family Dwelling
- SBCCI – Southern Building Code Congress International “standard gas code”
- ICC- International Mechanical Code
- IAPMO – International Association of Plumbing and Mechanical Officials – File #3669
- UMC – Uniform Mechanical Code
REMEMBER: When a conflict exists between the Pro-Flex Installation Guide and local requirements, the local codes take precedence. The installation must be made in accordance with local codes, or in the absence of local codes, in accordance with the National Fuel Gas Code, ANSI Z223.1/NFPA 54; Natural Gas and Propane Installation code, CSA B149.1 and B149.2 in Canada; the International Fuel Gas Code; the Federal Manufactured Home Construction and Safety Standard, 24 CFR Part 3280; the Manufactured Housing Construction and Safety Standards, ICC/ANSI 2.0; or the Standard on Manufactured Housing, NFPA 501; as applicable.
Pro-Flex, LLC cannot guarantee that the local administrative authority will accept the most recent version of these codes. It is the ultimate responsibility of the qualified installer to determine suitability and acceptance of any building components including gas piping. Pro-Flex® LLC assumes no responsibility for labor or material for installations made without prior determination of local code authority acceptance.
Improper installation or operation of the system may result in fire, explosion, or asphyxiation. Only the components provided or specified by Pro-Flex® as part of a fuel gas system are to be used in the installation. Use of components from other flexible gas piping systems, other than those specified as part of the Pro-Flex® system, is prohibited and may result in poor system performance, serious bodily injury, or property damage.
Places to Buy
Catalog Web Availability:
Q: The retainer ring will not close all the way around the pipe. Is it defective?
Q: Do you need special tools to install the Pro‐Flex CSST system?
Q: Is Pro‐Flex® available for use in my area and in all states?
Q: Is this product certified by CSA/ AGA and/ or UL?
Q: Do I need to use the fittings with the CSST pipe from Pro‐Flex?
Q: Do you need to be certified to install this product?
Q: Can Pro‐Flex® be used in applications with medium‐ or high‐pressure gas?
Q: What type of bonding clamp should be used?
Q: Is Pro‐Flex® considered bonded if it is connected to an appliance?
Q: Is Pro‐Flex® required to be bonded?
Q: Can you bury the CSST?
Q: How does Pro‐Flex® vary from other CSST systems?
- Pro‐Flex® fittings are easy to assemble/install. No special tools are required and no flaring is required.
- Our fittings are THE ONLY DUAL SEALED FITTINGS FOR ADDED SAFETY! Our proprietary High‐Temperature Gasket and Silicone O‐Ring will withstand extreme heat and cold temperatures and has been tested for longevity. All fittings and component parts are certified by CSA to the ANSI LC‐1‐2005, CSA 6.26‐2005 standards.
- Pro‐Flex® has the only CSST fittings and components that are reusable.
- Pro‐Flex® flexible piping is annealed to give better flexibility without altering the strength of the pipe. Pro‐Flex® flexible pipes will stay in place when formed or bent. Non‐annealed pipe, bent after forming, has a much higher chance of stress corrosion cracking.
- Pro‐Flex® CSST is sold along with an installation manual which includes all information needed to install Pro‐Flex® correctly. Unlike other CSST systems, one is not required to become certified to install this product. By reading and understanding the installation manual and signing and mailing the qualified installer card back to Pro‐Flex®, the installer is then qualified to use this product.
Q: Where can I purchase Pro‐Flex®?
Q: Why should I use Pro‐Flex® rather than conventional‐steel (black and/or galvanized) pipe?
Q: What is Pro‐Flex®?
Air-Flex Pipe® Kits
Air Flex is easy to install and provides efficient transportation of air supply to the work station or another needed destination in your work shop, auto shop or light industrial work setting. The Air-Flex Pipe System replaces rigid black iron pipe systems. Saves energy since corrugated stainless steel resists contamination, corrosion and inline leaks in the hose. Pipe can be bent by hand, making installation quick and easy. No special tools are required.
Air-Flex Pipe® Applications
- Light Industrial
- Auto Repair Shops
- Tire & Muffler Shops
- Home Work Shops
- Hobby Shops
Air-Flex Pipe Features:
- 304 Stainless Steel, flexible enough to bend by hand
- Brass Fittings, can be assembled without special tools
- Maximum pressure 200 psi
- Uses regular pipe hangers to hang pipe in place
- Light weight – ½” x 25 ft. kit is approximately 10 lbs.
Air-Flex Pipe® Benefits
- Designed to carry the air supply back to the work stations (replaces rigid black pipe systems)
- Quick, clean, and easy to install
- Eliminates extra fittings that can vibrate loose
- Air-Flex Pipe has only two fittings hence reducing leaks in the system
- Air-Flex Pipe can be bent by hand – no special tools required
- Energy efficient since corrugated stainless steel resists contamination, corrosion and inline leaks
- Patented system #5,845,946 / #5,857,716 / #6,102,445
For Pro-Flex CSST Technical Inquiries: (877) 798-6291
For Pro-Flex CSST Sales Inquiries: (765) 798-6137 x 312
All E-mail inquiries: ProFlexTech@ProFlexCSST.com
501 South State Road 341
Hillsboro, IN 47949
Ph: (765) 798-6137 x 312
Shipping & Receiving
501 South State Road 341
Hillsboro, IN 47949
Ph: (765) 798-6137